Engineering is at the heart of our start-up. It is our long-term mission and passion to design financial solutions for our customers that allow them to focus on realising their entrepreneurial dreams. We have gathered some of the most stubborn experts in the industry. As a diverse collection of personalities, we share one drive: using our knowledge to set new standards and make our customers succeed in their business.
We adopt a technology neutral mind-set to engineering and believe in well-tested, robust code. We use AWS, working with CloudFront, Route53, CloudWatch, S3, API GW, Lambda, RDS, and DynamoDB. The largest part of the platform is currently being built using Java, Node.JS, and React.JS, using GraphQL, Spring Boot, and Salesforce. We leverage open source technologies, such as GitLab, Terraform and Docker, and are strongly connected with the Amsterdam tech community.
We are currently building up our data engineering team. The team is to play a central role in our data-driven strategy, designing and developing our data infrastructure, processes and analytics capabilities. We work on risk modelling problems using events pipelines, analytics and applied machine learning. You will be responsible for leading the effort in developing our data capabilities and making our data accessible, reliable and efficient to query, so our teams can make the best data-driven decisions.
As our Lead Data Engineer, you’ll be working closely with development teams, modellers, and our product team and play a key role in designing and developing our data infrastructure and processes.
- Drive the architectural evolution of our data infrastructure, designing, building, and refining our data and analytics infrastructure
- Grow our analytics capabilities with faster, more reliable data pipelines, and better tools
- Design and develop a real-time events pipeline and work with data scientists, backend engineers and product managers to find new ways to leverage this data
- Develop complex and efficient functions to transform raw data sources into powerful, reliable components of our data infrastructure
- Optimize and improve existing features or data processes for performance and stability
Apart from that, you’ll work with a team of peers who are smart, professional, pull their own weight, and share a passion for what they’re creating.
You strongly relate to the following:
- You love data. You love to dig into stuff, and work on a problem until it is solved.
- You have a strong technical background and assume ownership and responsibility for the data technology area and continuously improve it
- You have experience designing, developing and maintaining data systems at scale
- You write efficient, well-tested code with a keen eye on scalability and maintainability
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals and are familiar with Agile development
- You have experiences with event architectures & message-subscribe systems such as Kafka and SQS, and distributed computing systems as Spark/Spark Streaming
- You have experiences with cloud infrastructures of AWS (e.g. EMR, Data Pipeline, Kinesis, Redshift)
- You have experience with NoSQL databases, such as Redshift, Cassandra and DynamoDB
- You like coding and are versed in either Python, Scala or R
- You are flexible and versatile, responding positively to shifting priorities and timelines
- You have an analytical mind and bake your decisions with data
- You embrace and harness new technologies that can bolster our services
- You are passionate and enthusiastic about engineering excellence and have attention to detail.
For more information about the role of Lead Data Engineer, please contact Jaap Boersma (firstname.lastname@example.org).