Data is at the heart of our business. It is our long-term mission and passion to design financial solutions for our customers that allow them to focus on realising their entrepreneurial dreams. To this end, we have gathered some of the most stubborn experts in the industry. As a diverse collection of personalities, we share one drive: using our knowledge to set new standards and make our customers succeed in their business.
Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset and a passion to solve complex business challenges using analytics on vast amounts of data? Do you want to make a difference and help us to create innovative data-driven services and make smarter decisions on our campaigns? Join our ambitious and fast moving company to help us shape the future of business lending.
Position As our Customer Data Scientist, your primary focus will be to apply advanced modelling and data-mining techniques to help develop a state-of-the-art customer journey. Your insights will drive our campaigns and help to germinate data-driven services. In particular, you will:
- Select features, build, and optimize classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Mine data using state-of-the-art methods
- Extend company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Create automated anomaly detection systems and constantly track its performance
- Do ad-hoc analyses and deepdives and present results clearly
- Hack tooling together with sales and developers to enable quick learning loops
- Develop advanced models for use cases to generate profitable growth
- Identify and implement growth opportunities based on use cases
- Co-create on data-driven products together with our Agile feature teams
You will be working in a small team of data-scientists and also be part of a feature team including Sales, Service, UX design, Full stack Developers, Risk, DEVOPS and testers. We firmly believe that this multi-disciplinary set-up helps us to generate the synergy and creativity needed to set the new standard in business lending.
Competencies You strongly relate to the following:
- You love data. You love to dig into stuff, and work on a problem until it is solved
- You are result-driven, pragmatic, and persuasive
- You have an academic degree in Econometrics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, or another quantitative field
- You possess sufficient knowledge on analytical and statistical techniques (e.g. regression, forecasting, machine learning)
- You deal with data munging; e.g. cleaning up messy data in a start-up environment
- You have affinity with programming and analytical tools such as SQL, R or Python
- You know your way around big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, C#
- You have experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- You engage other people to incorporate different viewpoints and are able to translate your findings into insights for a broader audience
- You are flexible and versatile, responding positively to shifting priorities and timelines
- You have a critical mindset and are able to deal with criticism
Contact: For more information about the role of Customer Data Scientist, please contact Joost Brouwer (firstname.lastname@example.org).